Friday, June 12, 2009

Is there a point when it makes more sense to just give up?

I'm just asking.
I mean, after you've destroyed everything good in your life.
When you've squandered every opportunity.
When you've alienated all of your friends and everyone who made the mistake of giving a shit about you.
When every turn you've taken turns out to have been a wrong one.
When you keep failing again and again.
When you spend more time off the wagon then on it.
When you find yourself in a perpetual state of 'starting over'.
When you instinctively bite every helping hand.
When is it finally time to throw in the towel?
Everyone keeps saying the same tired bullshit like "Everything happens for a reason" and "God has a plan for you" blah, blah blah.
Well, I'm not asking for everything to be laid out in front of me like some big blueprint, but a hint about this grand plan or reason might be nice.
Or, what's even more horrifying is, what if the plan is for me to be a miserable piece of shit?
What if my purpose is to cause misery and pain and to die somewhere sad and lonely?
If that's the case...fuck you..I'm not playing.
Take your plans and take your reasons and shove them up your ass.
Your 'plans' and your 'reasons' no longer apply to me...count me out.
You might be able to fool everyone else into thinking that there's some invisible man who lives in the sky running the show, but not me...not any more.
Drop a fucking hint, pal...or I'm taking my bat and ball and going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment